Saturday, April 5, 2014

A New Blog and New Lines of Communication

Last month the LCCS Parent Teacher Organization sponsored open forum discussion was a successful enlightening experience for me. It was wonderful to hear some of the issues you felt were important and I want to know more.  I encourage all parents to come to them in the future and we have begun to plan another similar event on May 7th at 6:00 pm in the auditorium. In addition, in order to continue an open dialogue, I would like to invite parents to join me for a monthly Coffee Conversation our first one will be on Friday, April 11th from 8:30-9:00 am in the LCCS library .  There is no set agenda for these conversations. This is the time to ask questions, express concerns, and provide input. 

There are many exciting things happening at LCCS, both inside and outside the classroom. I recently started a twitter feed to share these with the community on a regular basis.  Anyone can follow the twitter feed at Mrcolinhogan. Tweets will also be posted on our website.  In addition I will also be sending out a short weekly email blast with highlights from the week about our innovative academic program.   

I also plan to use this blog to engage in weekly conversations with our school community about what is going on both insider school and in the larger world of education.  Please feel free to raise questions or concerns to my blog postings and I will respond to questions either through the blog or a  via a personal email.  

I hope that through these forums, I can provide greater insight into what is happening at our school now, our plans for the future and to continually listen to and address community concerns and feedback 

No comments:

Post a Comment